My Realm

Meet me - know me - read my posts and try to figure me! Well I am someone who is always thirsty for adventure, someone who simply hates playing sheep(u know the types - follow the herd!). An enthusiastic trekker, who loves to travel and ever ready for one of those wierd new found sports- luv to make new friends and njoy being my family's pet :)!

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Atop at Last...

Getting back to the fitness regime was looking good, with my bike heading back to the gym and everyone back home making a 5:30am spark, the norm. It was good.

I always had this urge to hike up Sinhagad during weekdays and eventually have it as a norm. Riding daily to office or crossing the mutha over bridges would always have my neck turn around trying to spot the historic twin towered hill in the distance. The next day was a Friday and I knew it had to be done. So as me folks back home got ready for their morning walk, 'zipped off with a backpack and some water. The breeze was chill, it was a good thing I wore my monkeycap. The insects and mosquitoes made sure I squint, as I made my way past the country side and eventually rode to the village of Atkarwadi.

The top of Sinhagad was covered in clouds. The foot-hills were calm as I embarked on the ascent (6:20am). The stone riddled initial path has always been an irritating patch for me and many- and it still is the same. The pace was constant- one of the many things you do as a trekker. The weather was cool, but the constant rhythm got the heartbeats high, let the perspiration loose and the breath heavy. I must confess, 'did slow down a few times to get some nice snaps. But in general the pace was constant. Overtook a villager who was guiding his buffalo up the slopes, soon walked past the half mark. (~6:45am)

The clouds were getting close and the distant valley looked beautiful! Soon overtook a couple more people and continued my ascent along the rock riddled path. I was nearing the top as the final 3 nerve wrecking 'U' paths took a start - these are basically simple paths that go parallel to the face and 'U' turn 3 times as you reach the top. Trust me its really nerve wrecking- knowing u are so close yet so far :).

I teamed myself up with a gentle man atop as the trek concluded (7:05am) - 45 mins 6seconds! Unbelievable- its almost a year since my last trek. It felt good to have such good timing. I was soaked wet in sweat and it felt wonderful! Being in clouds and wonderful views of the fogged valley below were stupendous. A few clicks, a quick breather and off I was on my way down. Enroute met many people from some "Environmental" organization hiking up - some hiked good while some were bad, but it felt good to see so many hike up despite their tiredness and not giving up. In about 35mins I was down(7:50am) and astride my bike and zipped back sqinting my eyes back home. (8:15am).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Aj said...

Mast!!!

Hope I can join you some fine weekday for the quick rejuvenations!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Razikh said...

hehe..nice!!

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home